We've talked about Google Search before but today we're going to share a few tips specfly to find images online (see the extended post and Jeff's birthday party invite image on the AmberMac Blog):
- Head to Google Search and click the images tab, or go straight to images.google.com.
- From the results listing, you can unleash to full power of Google Image Search by clicking on Search Tools to the right of the Images tab.
- The Size pulldown is great when you're looking for high quality images, and you can select Show Sizes under More Tools to see the pixel dimensions.
- Next is the Color pull down, which lets you pick black & white or choose from some basic color swatches - and, confusingly, this is also where you'll find the Transparency setting as well.
- Type lets you look for images with faces, photos, clip art, line drawings, or animation, & beside this you can select a Time period if that's relevant.
- Finally, you can choose the Usage rights to filter by license.
And don't forget: it's always a good idea to double-check the usage rights on any image you use! - Jeff MacArthur